A pre-workout is a type of pre workout supplements that offers to boost the performance of a workout. These supplements are consumed by millions of people worldwide who are possessive about getting better results during the workout.
“Your current body is the only body that can take you to your new body so be kind to it.”Elaine Moran
It is consumed because people tend to think that they can achieve results faster with the help of these supplements.
They think like this because these pre workout supplements increase the stamina during the workout, leading to more workout and, ultimately, better and fast results. now continue our topic What are Pre-Workout Supplements|Benefits & Side Effects Guide 2021
It is important to realize that every supplement present in the market has its ingredients or production formulas.
Most of the supplements do not have the same ingredients, but they offer the same result. According to a study, companies do not disclose the number of ingredients used to make the supplements and label them as a proprietary blend.
pre workout supplements are of different types. Some have carbohydrates, while some are carbohydrate and calorie-free. Some other supplements which can induce the “fight or flight” response, dilate the blood vessels, and increase blood flow to muscles contain caffeine, amino acids like arginine, ornithine, and beet juice.
Other than these types of supplements, some even contain esoteric ingredients like deer antler velvet which is supposed to increase insulin growth factor-1. It is a hormone produced by the body that increases muscle and tissue growth.
Why do people take Pre Workout Supplements
People take these types of supplements to increase their stamina during workouts which helps in achieving faster results.
In this way, their performance increases, and they feel less zonked, which means less exhausted. This is the reason why people take pre workout supplements.
People take these supplements because several studies have been done which showed strength, power, and endurance. Along with these, studies showed that people took more time to get fatigued, increasing the workout duration. Because of these studies, people are attracted to these pre-workout supplements.
But people need to look more into these supplements before taking them because only some of the ingredients are well studied and are proven to improve the performance and duration of the workout. In contrast, most of the ingredients will not improve anything.
What is the best pre-workout?
It is necessary to use the pre workout supplements that is why it is proven that some ingredients can improve athletic performance and duration of the workout. Some of those ingredients are:
Nitric oxide precursors
- Nitric oxide is a compound produced by the body that helps in relaxing blood vessels and effectively improves blood flow.
- The body uses different compounds to produce nitric oxide. These compounds are used as ingredients of the pre-workout supplements.
- The standard compounds used for this are L-arginine, L-citrulline, and natural sources of nitrates like beetroot juice.
- Caffeine is an effective and frequently used ingredient in the production of pre-workout supplements.
- Caffeine is used because it increases energy, focus, mental alertness, memory, exercise performance, and fat burning.
- Creatine is a chemical compound that is also produced by the body. This chemical is stored in skeletal muscles.
- It plays a vital role in energy production and muscular strength.
- Sometimes it is used as an ingredient in the production of several supplements, but it can also be sold as a standalone supplement.
- It is widely known among weightlifters and bodybuilders. It helps in improving recovery time, muscle mass, strength, and performance during the workout.
What are the benefits of pre-workout?
Several ingredients of pre-workout supplements are proven to improve performance during a workout, like carbohydrates, caffeine, beetroot juice, and creatine.
All of these ingredients have different pre workout supplements benefits.
The reason carbohydrates are helpful because it is the primary source of energy for the body. It is a go-to source.
That is why experts recommend eating carbohydrates before working out. The body uses stored carbs (glycogen) to get energy during several kinds of workouts.
So by taking such supplements, the body will directly use the carbs instead of stored carbs.
Other than this, caffeine is also proven to boost energy and alertness. A lot of researches have been conducted to prove that caffeine directly improves workout performance
At the same time, it is also proven it enhances aerobic endurance, muscle endurance, jumping performance, duration of workout, and speed during the workout.
Beetroot juice has its benefits, but it is not well researched. It is believed that it increases nitric oxide production in the human body, which helps in relaxing blood vessels, increases blood flow, and ultimately improves cardiovascular performance.
Creatine also has many benefits on the human body. It is a derivative of three amino acids. It is used as a quick source of energy. It increases strength and helps in building muscle mass.
What are the side effects of pre-workout?
Some studies have proved that supplements containing caffeine showed more promising results than those containing other ingredients.
The pre-workout supplements are safe, but it is not correct to say that these supplements are risk-free. It is necessary to consider all the side effects of pre-workout before adding them to the workout regimen.
How to improve your brain with nootropics supplements for more information you can click Read more
Artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols
These supplements are made sweet by adding artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols. These artificial sweeteners have zero calories, but they may cause intestinal discomfort in some people.
Similarly, a high dose of sugar can induce several symptoms like gas, bloating, and diarrhea.
Caffeine is considered to be a significant energy-boosting element. But if it is taken in excessive amounts, it can lead to several side effects, including increased blood pressure, impaired sleep, and anxiety. It is common to intake excess caffeine if you are getting it from other sources throughout the day.
Supplement quality and safety
- In most countries, supplements are regulated by the authorities. These are the responsibility of the company to look after the quality and safety of the products.
- That is why some product labels can be inaccurate or misleading, leading to banned substances or harmful intake of ingredients
- To avoid all these side effects and complications it is necessary to buy supplements that have been tested by a third party like USP or NSF.
FAQ pre workout supplements?
Should I take a pre workout supplements?
If you are going towards weightlifting and bodybuilding, you can consider taking such supplements. Still, these should be taken under the supervision of your nutritionist to avoid any side effects.
- But if a person wants to go and have a regular workout that keeps him fit, there is no need to take such supplements.
- Natural substances should be preferred instead of such supplements, which can be misleading and harmful for the body.
- That is why you should consider talking to your nutritionist before adding these supplements to your workout regimen.
- In this way, the nutritionist will guide you better by looking at your diet and figuring out the possible side effects.
Are these pre workout supplements harmful?
It is widespread to think about any supplement, whether the supplement is more harmful or more beneficial.
Pre-workout supplements are considered to be beneficial if taken properly under the supervision of a nutritionist.
But if these are taken carelessly and without any research, these can be harmful to your health and produce side effects.
pre workout supplements are adequate for people who are trying to be a weightlifter or bodybuilder.
These supplements can increase your strength, improve the performance during a workout and the workout duration.
According to the International Society of Sports Nutrition, creatine mono hydrate — a common source of creatine — is the most efficient supplement for enhancing exercise efficiency and increasing Strong and amazing Shoulders.
It contains several ingredients which help get good results and improve the workout routine. Some of the common ingredients are caffeine, nitric oxide precursors, and creatine.
These ingredients are very effective in their field, but the ultimate goal is the same: better performance, improved strength and power, and more duration of workout.
These supplements can be beneficial in achieving goals faster. But at the same time, these can be harmful to your health if they are taken carelessly without consulting with the nutritionist.
Because diet needs to be double-checked while taking these supplements, some severe side effects have been seen in people consuming these supplements carelessly.
Some are intestinal discomfort, bloating, nausea, and diarrhoea. These side effects directly affect the efficacy of the workout, which eventually leads to poor performance, less strength, and less duration of the workout. That is why it is instructed to do proper research on their pre workout supplements before taking them.
My name is Alonso .H Ramos and I´m the owner of getbettershape.com, we give you the best tips and news about fitness and bodybuilding both for men and women.