Best Home Gyms 2022: Are these the ones you need to get better shape and strength?
Working out at home is a terrific method to get fit consistent. Furthermore, with the best home gym (as opposed to a gym membership), you will not have to wait in line for a machine, you won’t have to wipe off someone else’s sweat before using it, you won’t have to worry about people staring at you or criticizing you, and you won’t have to pay a monthly membership fee. You may either pack your belongings and head to a busy gym, or you can do all of the same exercises at home on a single piece of equipment. You may work out whenever and however you want with the best home gym.
Best home gym equipment 2022:
- Best Overall: Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym
It allows for 50 various strength training routines and is compact enough for tiny places, making it a one-stop-shop.
- Best Budget: Weider Ultimate Body Works Bench
It comes with a footboard, a pull-up bar, and sit-up station accessories and is affordable without sacrificing adaptability.
- Best Splurge: MiM USA Commercial Hercules 1001 Jumbo Trainer
Despite being a splurge, it gets the job done thanks to its extensive variety of accessories and functionalities that enable hundreds of exercises.
- Best Design: Technogym Unica
The comprehensive pick promises at least 25 workouts, allowing you to reap the benefits of strength training from the convenience of your own home.
- Best for Small Spaces: Total Gym XLS Workout Machine
If you don’t have a lot of space, this machine is straightforward to put together and folds up when not in use.
- Best Portable: BodyBoss 2.0 Full Portable Home Gym
If you’re motivated by varied environments, Body Boss’ lightweight pick will allow you to take your workout with you wherever you go.
- Best for Full-Body Workouts: NordicTrack Fusion CST
If you prefer full-body workouts, this pick’s touchscreen automatically adjusts the resistance level while streaming sessions.
- Best Suspension Trainer: TRX HOME2 System
Simply fix it to the wall of your choice and let your body become the machine by adjusting the intensity with your weight.
- Best High-Tech: Tonal System
This wall-mounted home gym transmits hundreds of programs for you to follow along with, making it ideal if you value smart technology.
1. Best Overall: Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym:
- Size: 64 x 41 x 83 inches | Style: Cable pulley-based home gym | Product Weight: 157 pounds | Maximum Weight Resistance: 210 pounds | Versatility Rating: B |
Bowflex’s PR3000 Home Gym is a decent mid-range best home gym. It employs the Bowflex Power Rod resistance system, which replicates the feel of free weights without the risk of injury. Throughout your exercises, you’ll sense resistance in your movements. The rods provide smooth and inertia-free resistance up to 210 lbs. The resistance on the Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym may also be increased to 310 pounds.
The user of the Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym benefits from a no-change pulley system. This means you won’t have to reposition the machine or its cable movements to complete all of your activities. The Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym has a rod system to create resistance of up to 210 pounds.
- Length: 64”
- Height: 83”
- Width: 41”
- Up to 210 pounds of power rod resistance
- Upgrades to 310 pounds are possible.
- A comprehensive instruction manual is included.
- Access to the Full Body Plan
- Only a limited warranty is offered.
- Some accessories are missing.
2. Best Budget: Weider Ultimate Body Works Bench:
- Size: 71 x 25.5 x 49.5 inches | Style: Universal cable pulley- and bodyweight-based home gym | Product Weight: 50.7 pounds | Maximum Weight Resistance: 50 pounds, plus resistance bands and your bodyweight | Versatility Rating: B |
You should go to Weider Ultimate Body Works. It’s always a good idea to have a machine that can deliver some nice difficult exercises, help you burn calories, and give you the shape you’ve been desiring while you’re at home. Everything, however, is dependent on what you’re searching for in a machine for your home gym. It is especially good for those who wish to lose weight, burn calories, and improve muscle areas without having to go to the gym.
Despite the low price, Amazon buyers can attest to the quality of Weider Ultimate Body Works. With a 4.5 out of 5-star rating and over 2,900 ratings, you know you’re in good hands with this machine. A cable and pulley system of the Weider Ultimate Body Works allows users unlimited mobility while completing various workouts. You can use the four resistance bands that come with the Weider Ultimate Body Works to provide an extra 50 pounds of resistance to your workouts.
- Dimensions when assembled: 59′′ L x 27.5′′ W x 4′′ H
- 72-pound product weight
- Yes, assembly is necessary.
- Supports up to 250 lbs.
- Parts and labor warranty is 90 days.
- Bungee cords are used as a weight resistance mechanism.
- It can support a maximum bodyweight of 250 pounds.
- With its thickly padded bench, it provides comfort to users.
- Provides a versatile machine that may be used to do a variety of body exercises (more than 70 workouts)
- It’s simple to assemble and stow, and it just needs a little upkeep.
- The design is collapsible and compact.
- There are seven different incline positions to choose from.
- Because it weighs 70 pounds, some consumers find it too hefty.
- When storing the machine under the bed, it is not bendable enough.
- There were some shipping concerns, and the workout chart was missing.
- Warranty term is limited.
- The glide space is too small for certain users.
3. Best Splurge: MiM USA Commercial Hercules 1001 Jumbo Trainer:
- Size: 60 x 80 x 87 inches | Style: All-in-one weightlifting machine | Product Weight: 579 pounds | Maximum Weight Resistance: 335 pounds | Versatility Rating: A |
Free weight squats, bench press, smith machine squat, triceps extension, leg press, and other workouts are available. Leg press attachments, knurl bar, functional training bar, straight bar, pull-down rope, and other accessories are included. It has a cable and pulley system for versatility, in addition to weight plates (which are not included with the machine). You’ll be able to target all of the major muscle groups for a full-body exercise with this weight machine.
The MiM USA Hercules has a maximum weight capacity of 800 pounds, including the user, making it ideal for high-resistance exercise. One thing we don’t like about it is that it doesn’t have weights, so you’ll have to buy them individually. Furthermore, if you are not a handy person, assembling can be difficult. If you can overlook those flaws, this is a fantastic machine, and if you’re looking for a weight machine for your home gym, this is one of the best options.
- Dimensions of the product: 73.23 x 42.91 x 75.59 inches
- 107-pound weight
- Long-lasting – heavy-duty build Includes a variety of extras
- Free weights + Smith machine + cable and pulley system
- The maximum weight capacity is 800 pounds.
- The weights are not included.
- It is possible that assembly will be difficult.
4. Best Design: Technogym Unica:
- Size: 72 x 47 x 81 inches | Style: Multifunctional bench | Product Weight: 640 pounds | Maximum Weight Resistance: 180 pounds | Versatility Rating: B |
If money isn’t an issue, the Technogym UNICA is well worth considering, as it straddles the line between commercial workout equipment and modern art! This adaptable training equipment justifies its place as one of the most comprehensive weight and muscle training systems now ruling the market, with quality construction to rival top commercial standards.
A stretching mat, ankle strap, pulley, and standard handles are included, as well as an instructional film, maintenance kit, and integrated wheels for convenient mobility. The Unica virtually radiates class with its exquisite leather pads and intimidating metallic appearance, which comes in a variety of colors.
It supports over 25 strength-training routines, including leg and shoulder extensions, as well as chest exercises. It has an adjustable seat, a weight stack, an anatomical backrest, and both normal and pulley handles. Number of Exercises: 25+
- Item Dimensions: 72 inches long x 47 inches wide x 81 inches high
- Weight Stack is a type of resistance.
- Weight range: 10 lbs. to 180 lbs.
- Large weight range to accommodate a wide range of fitness levels
- Through the app, you may get guided online exercises, training plans, and live classes.
- For the high-end home gym, this is a beautiful, robust, and well-built piece of equipment.
- It takes up 16 square feet of space.
- For the hefty price, there aren’t as many workouts on the equipment.
5. Best for Small Spaces: Total Gym XLS Workout Machine:
- Size: 19 x 90 x 43 inches | Style: Universal cable pulley and bodyweight-based home gym | Versatility Rating: B | Product Weight: 90 pounds | Maximum Weight Resistance: 400 pounds |
The Total Gym XLS is Total Gym’s best-selling home gym, with celebrities like Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley endorsing the brand. This all-in-one home gym is gentle on the joints, supports over 80 exercises, and comes with training assistance (DVDs, a wall chart, and more). It can suit any ability level by providing resistance in the form of a specific proportion of your body weight. A padded glide board serves as the centerpiece.
You can work against more or less of your body weight by modifying the glide board’s angle. More than 80 exercises can be performed using the pulleys and other associated attachments. The Total Gym XLS is perfect for gentle rehabilitative workouts, gradual pilates-style training, high-energy workouts, and more. Training guidance is available.
- Resistance Levels: There are six levels of resistance.
- Folds to Save Space: Available
- 400-pound maximum user weight
- Unfolded dimensions (L x W x H): 90 x 19 x 43 inches
- For a personalized challenge, it uses your actual bodyweight.
- There are over 80 different exercises to choose from. Vary your gym workouts.
- Glide board is cushioned for enhanced comfort.
- Smooth resistance is less taxing on the joints.
- Supports users up to 400 pounds and of any height.
- The warranty on the parts is only for six months.
- It isn’t the best home gym value at full price ($1,999).
6. Best Portable: BodyBoss 2.0 Full Portable Home Gym:
- Size: 15.9 x 2.8 x 20.1 inches | Style: Portable, resistance-band based home gym kit | Product Weight: 16.1 pounds | Maximum Weight Resistance: n/a | Versatility Rating: B |
The BodyBoss 2.0 is a creative portable and best home gym that uses resistance bands and a platform for support. Long, stretchy bands made of a variety of elastic materials are known as resistance bands. For portable strength training or injury rehabilitation, they can impart resistance to any repetitive muscle movement.
The thicker the band, the greater weight you appear to be lifting. The BodyBoss combines a set of jazzed-up resistance bands with an anchoring base for added stability and safety when exercising. The base unfolds into a large platform with retractable hooks to which the bands can be attached.
Because of the different angles to which the bands can be attached, the BodyBoss team refers to the platform as a “VectorFit base.” The hooks are strategically placed to make it simple to locate the ideal vector of resistance for the motion you want to do. A total of ten hooks are present, five on each side of the base/case.
- Expanded Polypropylene is the material of choice.
- Medium level of tension
- Dimensions: 20.1 x 15.9 x 2.8 inches (LxWxH)
- You may work out your entire body.
- A high-rep cardio workout is possible.
- Rubber-based (non-weight) bands are excellent for physical therapy.
- The BodyBoss’s resistance bands encourage proper form.
- Only two resistance bands are included in the basic option; however, you can upgrade to four bands or purchase additional resistance bands afterwards.
- There are two carrying cases.
- When you’re not standing on it, the base may shift, but you may secure it by placing something heavy on the platform.
7. Best for Full-Body Workouts: NordicTrack Fusion CST:
- Size: 41.5 x 59.4 x 73.7 inches | Style: Smart cardio and strength training with cable pulley resistance system | Versatility Rating: A | Product Weight: 378 pounds | Maximum Weight Resistance: n/a |
NordicTrack’s contribution to a new class of home gyms is the Fusion CST. The Fusion line’s goal is to make exercises easier by “fusing” strength training with a high-intensity cardio routine. This is mostly accomplished through the 1-year iFit membership’s extensive library of interactive training sessions.
The device is more compact than its typical weight stack counterpart thanks to the use of a magnetic resistance mechanism, albeit there is one drawback to this structure.
As you get started with the Fusion CST, professional supervision is essential due to its unique design. iFit can assist you in achieving fitness objectives by providing thorough health feedback in addition to workout assistance. It can track your daily steps (with a wearable device), make individualized sleep cycle suggestions, provide dietary advice, and much more.
- Dimensions: 41.5 x 59.4 x 73.7 inches (L x W x H)
- 41.5 Inches is the maximum height.
- Magnetic resistance mechanism
- When compared to weight stacks, it uses magnetic resistance to make strength training relatively light on your joints.
- There are three sets of pulleys, with a maximum extension length of 95 inches.
- It comes with a tablet/smartphone stand that can be adjusted in height.
- Fusion CST is quieter than machines with weight stacks because it comes with a Bluetooth chest band for wireless heart rate monitoring.
- It has a space-saving design.
- Its cables aren’t changeable in height.
- It’s difficult to compare resistance levels to traditional weight lifting capacity.
- The parts and labor warranty are only good for one year, which is significantly less than the competitions.
8. Best Suspension Trainer: TRX HOME2 System:
- Size: 53 x 1.5 x 6 inches | Style: Suspension trainer | Product Weight: 1.7 pounds | Maximum Weight Resistance: Your Bodyweight | Versatility Rating: B |
The TRX HOME2 is surprisingly compact considering it can train all of your muscles, making it ideal for people who want to keep their fitness equipment at home to a bare minimum, whether they live in a small apartment or simply don’t want to bother others in the house with 7,000 pieces of home gym equipment lying around.
The TRX HOME2 suspension trainer set includes the suspension trainer itself, which includes the foot cradle/foam handle on both ends, the suspension anchor (should you have something to attach it to), the door anchor, a mesh carry bag, and a poster with all of the basic TRX exercises to hang on your garage wall.
Connect either the suspension or door anchor to the suspension trainer strap and secure it to the anchor point while setting up the TRX HOME2. The TRX HOME2 – or any TRX suspension trainer, for that matter – has the advantage of being able to be attached to anything that can support your weight, such as a robust branch in a tree, a bike rack on a car, or anything in between.
- TRX app access is free for a year.
- Workouts on video
- Premium cost
- For typical weightlifters, this isn’t the best option.
- It takes time to adjust between exercises.
9. Best High-Tech: Tonal System:
- Product Weight: 135 pounds | Maximum Weight Resistance: 200 pounds | Size: 21.5 x 5.25 x 50.9 inches | Style: Smart mirror with resistance arm extensions | Versatility Rating: A
Tonal System provides an easy-to-use system that fills this void in-home fitness. Tonal is a huge, rectangular, wall-mounted gadget that displays interactive training programs on a large screen, similar to home fitness competitors like Mirror. Tonal differs from other systems in that it has a pair of movable arms that extend from the system. Each arm has a cable that may be adjusted to generate up to 100 pounds of resistance per arm.
You can do a wide range of strength-building routines with the provided accessories, from bench presses and squats to bicep curls and rope extensions. The music selection is also rather impressive. If you have the cash—the Tonal unit costs around $3,000 plus a monthly subscription—you’ll find it to be one of the most comprehensive strength-building systems in the crowded “smart home gym” market.
- W: 21.50″ H: 50.9″ DIMENSIONS
- TENSION MAXIMUM: 100 lbs. per arm
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
- POWER: 120V line voltage
- WORKOUT REQUIREMENTS: During workouts, 7 feet of wall and floor space is recommended.
- 15W stereo speakers AUDIO
- It’s entertaining and simple to use.
- Weight is set and adjusted for you.
- There are workouts and programs for beginners, intermediates, and advanced lifters.
- Encourages companion workouts.
- There are no live classes.
- Reps are occasionally missed.
- Cords can cause skin irritation.
You’re mistaken if you think you’ll never be able to afford your own home gym. You can have a gym in the comfort of your own home for the price of a few months of a gym membership. Though you’ve probably heard it before, unlike many other pieces of training equipment, a home gym may genuinely eliminate the need for a gym membership.
Every workout that you can do in a commercial gym can be done at home. You won’t have to deal with crowds or wait for a machine to open up, nor will you have to worry about what other people think of you. Having a home gym can allow you to free up time you didn’t realize you possessed.
To locate your home gym, you must first identify your personal goal. Do you wish to increase your muscular mass? If that’s the case, you’ll benefit from a home gym that focuses on strength training. If all you want to do is get in better shape, burn some calories, and tone up, a resistance-based home gym might be the answer. Whatever you choose, make sure it aligns with your ultimate aim, because a home gym will last a lifetime and help you kickstart a new, better lifestyle.
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. It goes towards supporting our research and editorial team, and please know we only recommend high-quality products.
My name is Alonso .H Ramos and I´m the owner of getbettershape.com, we give you the best tips and news about fitness and bodybuilding both for men and women.